Keep your creativity flowing. Send us your 600 word Tiny Play!
In these challenging times, Fishamble - along with many of our colleagues in the wider Irish artistic community - is working hard to keep imaginations lively, communities engaged - and most of all offer people the opportunity of creative expression.
Would you welcome the challenge of exploring your thoughts and feelings through drama? Do you have a dramatic story that you feel the urge to work out for yourself, and maybe share with your fellow citizens?
Please send us your Tiny Plays - see guidelines below.
You can absolutely write according to your own impulse, but each week we'll give you a word-of-the-week to serve as a prompt.
Every week, for a month, Fishamble will publish a selection of three to five tiny plays on its website for the public to read.
The writers of those plays will receive a selection of three Fishamble playscripts.
- Plays must be 600 words or less
- They must be submitted through this online form, along with your details
- You do not need any playwriting experience to take part
- Plays may be in Irish, English or any other language if a translation is provided
- You must be prepared for your play to be shared with the public online
- Two plays per person per week maximum
- This challenge is open to anyone resident on the island of Ireland and any Irish citizen currently abroad
- Current employees and family of Fishamble are not eligible to submit
The weekly deadline will be noon on Thursdays. Chosen plays will be on our website and announced at noon on Fridays, with the new weekly prompt shared at 5pm on Fridays.
Announcements, news and special events from Fishamble.